Free and Reduced access rules
Free admission is allowed, by showing the ticket office staff a document certifying one of the following conditions:
- For visitors who have not completed eighteen years of age, visitors who are less than twelve years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- To the handicapped and to one of their family members or other companions who demonstrate their belonging to social-health assistance services (Ministerial Decree n. 239 of 20 April 2006).
- To tourist guides from the European Union, upon presentation of a valid license issued by the competent authority.
- To tourist interpreters of the European Union when their work is needed alongside the guide, by showing a valid license issued by the competent authority.
- To the permanent staff of the Regional Cultural Heritage and Sicilian Identity Department of the Sicilian Region.
- To the members of the I.C.O.M. (International Council of Museums).
- To groups or groups of students from public and private schools in the European Union, accompanied by their teachers, by reservation and in the quota established by the manager in charge of the structure that manages the institute or place of culture.
- To students of advanced training courses at the Ministry Schools (Central Institute for Restoration, Opificio delle Pietre Dure, School for Mosaic Restoration) and courses at the Regional Center for Planning and Restoration.
- To teachers and students enrolled in fine arts academies or corresponding institutions of the European Union, by showing the enrollment certificate for the current academic year.
- To teachers and students of degree courses, specialist degrees or post-graduate specialization courses and research doctorates of the following faculties: architecture, conservation of cultural heritage, education sciences or literature and philosophy with an archaeological or historical-artistic focus.
- The same concessions are granted to teachers and students of corresponding faculties or courses established in the Member States of the European Union.
- Free admission is allowed to students by showing the enrollment certificate for the current academic year, to teachers by showing a suitable document.
- To journalists in good standing with the payment of membership fees, by showing a suitable document proving the professional activity carried out.
- The teaching staff of the permanent school and with fixed-term contracts are allowed free admission to the museums, archaeological areas and parks and monumental complexes of the Region.
- To operators of voluntary associations operating at the offices through agreements with the Department of Cultural Heritage and Sicilian Identity.
- To the Honorary Inspectors of Cultural Heritage in Sicily.
- To the Soldiers of the Cultural Heritage Protection Unit.
- To the members of the I.C.C.R.O.M. (International Center for the Conservation and Restoration of Cultural Heritage).
To Italian and foreign scholars for study or research purposes certified by Italian or foreign school or university institutions, academies, research and culture institutes, as well as by bodies of the Department, or for particular and motivated needs, the managers responsible for the management of the institute or place of culture can issue annual permits for free admission to individual subjects.
The Minister of Health with his ordinance of 25 September 2020, concerning “Further urgent measures for the containment and management of the epidemiological emergency from COVID-19”, ordered the suspension of the decree of the Minister for cultural and environmental heritage 11 December 1997, no. 507, which provides for free access to all state institutes and places of culture, on the first Sunday of the month.
Entrance is facilitated, with a 50% reduction on the entrance ticket for citizens of the European Union between the ages of 18 and 25. The same concessions apply to citizens of non-EU countries “on condition of reciprocity”.
The service is temporarily suspended.